|Mangrove Creek 1951|
Mangrove Creek is a suburb of the Central Coast region of New South Wales, Australia, located about 14 kilometres (9 mi) upstream and north of Spencer along the Mangrove Creek watercourse. It is part of the City of Gosford local government area. It derives its name from the waterway, which was first mentioned in 1829 by surveyor William Romaine Govett (1807-1848) in relation to mangroves in the area, which were burnt for ash which was used to make soap for the colony. Mangrove Creek, as part of the Gosford area, became a major timber cutting area in the 1800's. Here is an early Gazetteer that mentions the town.
The first record of A land grant to Thomas was in 1835:
Thomas is listed in the newspaper under sales of land in 1839 at Mangrove Creek:
And received a land grant in 1840: